Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Forging Feathers

Forging feathers is fun! I usually start my day out forging spirals or hearts because they are so popular, but I needed to switch it up a bit yesterday. The above necklace has a piece of granite(?) a friend sent me from Lake Superior. The picture is a little dark so the color is a bit more subtle in real life. The whole necklace is about 18" long, with the stone close to 2" across. The whole piece has been coated with wax to preserve the finish. $275.00

This is a detail shot of the back of the necklace. I used silver tubing to make rivets connecting the links. They allow a clean look and nice fluid movement of the links.
I found this rock in Jerome while hiking with my son. The necklace hangs on steel cable with a sterling clasp. This necklace has also been coated with wax. The stone is a bit smaller than the other one, about 1 1/4" long. $150.00
You did want earrings to match, right? LOL $35.00 1 1/2" - 2" long.

No comments:

Post a Comment