Monday, October 5, 2009

Cindy's Necklace

This necklace was a custom piece for a friend of my sister's. We met on Facebook, (whole different story), and after seeing some of my work, wondered if she could send me a rock to make into a necklace. I myself, am a total rockhound, so I was thrilled when her Alaska(that's where she lives) showed up in the mail. This necklace was probably a little more elaborate($$$) than she was planning for, but I had been thinking about a chain like this for awhile, and that is what the rock was calling for. She LOVES it! The heart shaped rock is about 2" long, so the pendant has a total length of about 3". The chain consists of hand forged steel links, sterling jumprings and charms, with recycled glass beads as accents on a couple of the jumprings. The whole piece is about 22" long, but can be worn shorter by hooking the clasp on a different jumpring.
I liked the way Cindy's necklace came out so much, that I had to make a similar one with a Sedona Red Rock set into the pendant. The dimensions are about the same, but the charms vary slightly. This piece is currently on Display at the Co-op, and has a price tag of $300.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment